To become a NEADS volunteer, please view the opportunities below, then fill out our online application. Please note that our volunteer opportunities and needs fluctuate throughout the year, so we may not have an opening that immediately matches your area of interest.
See information on raising a puppy.
Weekend Puppy Sitter
Weekend Puppy Sitters will take puppies out of the NEADS Early Learning Center during the weekends to expose them to life in a home. The Sitters will be matched with a puppy for the length of the puppy's stay at the ELC, usually 2-4 weeks. Due to the puppy's young stage of training and the very short comittment of the puppy sitters, the sitter will not be allowed to take the puppy into places of business like restaurants, stores, hospitals, etc. Please note that, to be considered for a puppy sitter volunteer opportunity, you must complete the puppy-sitter-specific application through the link below.
- Providing adequate daily exercise as recommended by your
- Providing a safe, healthy and loving environment for the puppy
- Following NEADS guidelines and procedures as outlined by the
For more information, please contact the Early Learning Center.
Early Learning Center (Puppy House) Volunteer
Volunteer support is critical to building a solid foundation for the puppies' service dog training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise puppy play groups
- Feed the dogs and clean the puppy house
- Walk and play with puppies
We need reliable, enthusiastic people that are willing to help care for our adorable puppies!
For information, please send inquiries to the Early Learning Center (Puppy House).
NEADS State Representatives
The NEADS State Representative is a 2-hour per week volunteer position. Your duties will be performed in your own state/region at your home or office. NEADS will provide education, scripts and DVDs to train you for public speaking events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information about NEADS over the telephone. (NEADS will provide you with a separate phone line with a customized ring so calls can be answered professionally.) Give presentations at media events.
- Give information to potential clients about NEADS.
- Market for potential clients in your area.
- Promote NEADS in your local area at timely events and in donation campaigns.
- Record all contact you have with media or any publicity about NEADS and submit on a yearly basis.
For more information, please contact our Communications Department.
Professional, Creative and Administrative Opportunities
We encourage people to engage in a volunteer activity that draws upon their natural talents and interests. We welcome volunteers who can help with the items listed below.
- Event support
- Retail sales and merchandising
- Photography and videography
- Ushering at our graduations
- Administrative work
- Graphic design
- Phone support
If you are interested in volunteering for NEADS, please fill out the online volunteer application above. Please note that our volunteer opportunities and needs fluctuate throughout the year, so we may not have an opening that immediately matches your area of interest.