NEADS World Class Service Dogs change lives.
NEADS ("NEADS Inc", formerly known as National Education for Assistance Dog Services and Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was established in 1976. Our Service Dogs become an extension of their handlers and bring freedom, physical autonomy and relief from social isolation to their human partners.
NEADS has trained over 1,700 Service Dog teams since 1976. NEADS is accredited by Assistance Dogs International, the internationally recognized governing body that establishes industry standards and practices. NEADS offers a wide spectrum of Assistance Dog services, including:
- Deaf & Hearing Loss Our Hearing Dogs are specially trained to alert human partners to the source of a sound.
- Veterans Our Service Dogs for Veterans program is designed to help the growing population of veterans who could benefit from canine assistance.
- Physical Disability Our Service Dogs assist people by performing everyday tasks like picking up dropped items, opening doors, and more.
- Classroom, Therapy & Ministry Our uniquely trained dogs engage and inspire a practitioner's community.
- Children with a Disability Service Dogs for children perform many of the same tasks they can for adults, and offer our younger clients greater independence.
- Children with Autism or other Developmental Disabilities Service Dogs assist children with autism by performing specific tasks.