Major Objective: Performs a variety of work in general maintenance and repair of facilities grounds and equipment daily, weekly, monthly, annually and seasonally.
Qualifications: Minimum of any education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. Possession of a valid Massachusetts driver’s license is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform simple carpentry tasks and painting
- Minor troubleshooting including locks, hinges, changing filters
- Move furniture and equipment
- Set up and break down equipment for special events staff meetings, client coffees, other events as needed
- Identify projects requiring a skilled craft person
- Maintain lighting and inventory
- Maintain clean and orderly work site
- Work with volunteer work crews
- Grounds maintenance including mowing, trimming, weeding, equipment repairs
- Effectively use variety of hand and power tools
- Maintain NEADS fleet of vehicles (oil changes, stickers, check fluids, routine maintenance and repair)
- Keep areas free of snow and ice during the winter months (including weekends as needed)
- On-call during campus emergencies
- Other duties required by management
Please apply by submitting the form below. Please include salary requirements.
The individual will undergo a 2-year apprenticeship during which they work closely with experienced trainers to learn how to train Service Dogs according to the NEADS curriculum. The Apprentice will also observe inmate handlers as they train Service Dogs, and learn how to work with new client teams when they receive their Service Dogs.
Must be comfortable:
– Working in a correctional institution
– Driving to varied work sites weekly
– Instructing people with physical disabilities
Basic computer skills are necessary to maintain training records.
Must be located near central Massachusetts.
Full time – starting salary is $30,000 for this entry level position.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to be considered using the form below. Cover letter can be addressed to Kathy Foreman, Director of Training.