NEADS is seeking an Assistant Veterinary and Administrative Support Coordinator to assist with daily management and tasks needed to maintain the health and welfare of program and breeding dogs.
This position is part time, starting immediately.
- Assist Veterinary Coordinator with any tasks delegated and filling in when she is ill or on vacation;
- Assist with oversight of veterinary care for program dogs including collaborating with trainers, nursery personnel, kennel personnel, prison liaisons, veterinarians and puppy raisers;
- Provide medical advice and support to all involved in caring for program dogs (including after hours on-call); Develop and facilitate medical care plans for program dogs;
- Provide routine medical care including, but not limited to, administration of medications, vaccinations and fluids;
- Assist in maintenance and ordering of medical inventory needed for campus and prison use, veterinary budgets and related invoices;
- Maintain database of veterinary care of dogs, report data as requested or needed;
- Develop new and/or expanded veterinary relationships for donated or discounted services;
- Educate clients, staff and NEADS partners re: veterinary issues;
- Prepare and deliver dog health record packets to new clients when matched with dogs;
- Conduct classes educating clients on dog health issues; be well versed in NEADS program offerings, history and overall Mission.
- Ensure all training and medical documents are scanned into Eclipse Document System.
- Manage the dynamic puppy data in Salesforce and IWDR databases.
- Provide needed paperwork to Puppy raisers including IDs and appropriate medical records; supply match letters and thank you/photos upon their dog being matched.
- Accountable to ensure all medical records are accurate and up to date on site.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician with good understanding of veterinary fundamentals
- Understanding of puppy/dog behavior and learning as it intersects with health issues;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Self-motivated, hard worker able to work and be productive with little to no supervision.
- Experience in breeding, whelping and weaning is helpful; after hours and weekend “on-call” availability necessary.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician with a good understanding of veterinary fundamentals
- Be able to lift 40 pounds, climb stairs, bend down easily.
- Office, nursery, kennel, exam room, prison, outdoors
TO APPLY: In order to be considered candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour