PLEASE see below for salary information.
NEADS World Class Service Dogs seeks a highly organized, creative person for the position of part-time Communications Coordinator. Working closely with and reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will:
- help create and keep on track our annual communications plan (email newsletters, social media, website updates, print materials, etc.); and
- help manage a social media presence that effectively communicates our story and actively engages our online communities.
The Communications Coordinator is a part-time position (20 hours/week) with occasional weekend/evening events requirements and some flexibility as to office hours. This position is perfect for someone who is organized, creative, and interested in pursuing a career in non-profit communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to and maintain the multi-channel editorial calendar, including campaigns and activities that broaden awareness of NEADS across key stakeholder audiences (clients & prospects, donors, staff, board, & general public);
- Manage the day-to-day content of NEADS’ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts to meet the strategic communications goals;
- Monitor and respond to messages and comments on NEADS social media platforms.
- Track engagement metrics to monitor the success of NEADS communications efforts & make recommendations as needed;
- Provide administrative support to help with operational needs of the department
- As time allows, contribute to other communications channels, including email newsletters and website content, and attend occasional in-person fundraising and other events for onsite social media.
- Maintain editorial quality, design, and production standards, as well as values, messaging, and style consistent with NEADS standards for communications;
- Be ready and willing to jump in when and where needed to support additional organizational activities as the responsibilities listed are non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required and assigned.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and has a clear grasp of the core components of non-profit marketing /communications. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related discipline and 1-2 years of professional experience in communications, particularly in social media and preferably in the non-profit sector, preferred.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Professional experience managing social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, with a preference for experience using social media to engage a community of people or to mobilize support for a cause.
- Strong organizational, time management, and resource management skills;
- Experience with Google Analytics and other web and social metrics tools;
- Keen attention to detail; critical-thinking skills; flexibility; organizational skills; and desire to learn and grow.
- Comfortable working at a desk, with a computer.
- Ability to communicate with others verbally or in writing.
This position is primarily an on-site/campus office position with occasional remote working opportunity.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Princeton, MA
To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter.
If you are reading information about this job somewhere other than on neads.org, any salary you see has been determined by the job website; it is not the posted salary for this job.