NEADS goes through a lot of supplies that we need to replenish regularly. Consider making a donation of any of the following items - just click on the + sign to see the list. Our dogs will be forever grateful to you!
1. For a printable PDF of our wish list, click here.
2. For our Amazon wish list, click here.
We sincerely appreciate the donation of any item(s) from this list. Please contact us by email or phone at 978-422-9064 so we can thank you and help you make arrangements for delivering the items.
Most needed items for April 2018:
For dogs: toys! We need teething toys for puppies, and durable toys for our older dogs. A variety of toy offerings help keep the dogs mentally engaged and happy while they're on campus!
- Vehicles for the NEADS fleet: less than 5 years old, 4WD or AWD, with lots of cargo space
- Emergency car kits
- Work box, chest style
- Small air compressor
- Industrial shelving
- Copy paper by the ream or case
- Shipping tape
- K-cups for Keurig
- Tide liquid laundry detergent
- Cleaning items like: Lysol disinfectant spray, window cleaner (Windex), liquid dish soap, paper towels, trash bags (tall kitchen or heavy duty), nitrile rubber disposable gloves, and heavy duty scrubbing sponges like here
- Ziploc bags: sandwich, quart, gallon
- Purell hand sanitizer
- Safe Paw ice melt or similar
- Work gloves (especially size L or XL - for our volunteer base)
- Mechanical tools in usable condition
- Cordless drill set (specifically Makita)
- A 4ft step ladder
For Our Kennel and Veterinary Care
- Grooming tools like: rubber curry combs, greyhound combs, plier-style nail clippers, slicker brushes, FURminator deShedding tool (medium or large), Mars Coat King Strippers, Master Grooming Tools Shedding Blades (like here), Furminator professional grooming rakes
- High quality dog shampoo and conditioner, including brands like TropiClean, Top Performance, and Furminator
- Dog toothpaste (like CET, Enzadent, Petrodex, or Nylabone or Petco brands); we use about 100 tubes per year
- New or gently used blankets (size twin or smaller) and bath/beach towels
- New or used wire crates, either 54x35x45 or 42x28x30, like here
- Large capacity front load washing machine and dryer
- Poop bags
For Our Dogs
- High quality dog treats, jerky or soft/stinky treats strongly preferred, below are suggestions and it is okay to deviate from this list: Blue Buffalo (like here or here), Best Bully Sticks, Zuke's (like here), Pet Botanics (like here), True Chews (like here), Pupperoni (like here), Merrick (like here), Trader Joe's (like here), Natural Balance (like here, and also including their dog food rolls), creamy peanut butter (cannot contain xylitol). Usage rates: every month, we use 40-50 pouches of high value treats, and 20-30 jars of peanut butter.
- Interactive food games / mind games for dogs
- Nylabone DuraChew bones, sizes wolf, giant, or souper, like here or here, or like this
- Kongs, size XL or XXL
- Toys for large breed adult dogs: Kong toys, Jolly balls, squeaky toys, rope tug toys, etc.
- Durable puppy toys
- Kuranda dog beds (standard blue PVC bed with 40oz vinyl) and replacement pieces for existing beds
- Gentle Leader head collars, black or blue in color, in sizes medium or large, like here
- New collars, blue in color, buckle clasp, above 10in and under 26in
- Leashes, black in color, cotton web or nylon, 6ft, like here
For Our Clients in Training
- Board games
- Knife sharpener
- Craftsman flashlights and lanterns
- For the client kitchen: K-cups (coffee, tea, hot chocolate), sugar and Sweet & Low, plastic utensils, paper plates (all sizes), napkins, bendable drinking straws, plastic wrap and tinfoil, plastic food baggies (all sizes) and gallon-sized ziploc bags, and dishwasher detergent
- White area rugs for bathrooms
- White noise machines (five needed!)
- Veterinary care: CVS
- Maintenance Department: Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, Walmart
- Client House: Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl's, Target
- General use: Staples
Thank you for thinking of us, but we cannot use these items.
Please do not donate:
- Fitted or flat bed sheets
- Puffy/plush dog beds that cannot fit into a washing machine
- Dog harnesses
- Plastic or ceramic food/water bowls for dogs
- Blankets or towels with decorative fringe
- Raw foods or animal parts like rawhide, hooves, or pig ears
- Flea/tick products like: shampoos, carpet/upholstery treatments, or topical or oral monthly preventatives
We are all set on the following items:
- Welch Allyn veterinary diagnostic sets
- 3-ring binders
Due to limited space and manpower, we cannot accept gifts that do not appear on this list. If you would like to help NEADS in other ways, please consider making a monetary donation or becoming a volunteer.
This page last updated 4/1/2018.