Summary: The Finance Supervisor maintains accurate records of financial transactions, prepares payroll, ensures legal and compliance requirements are met and adherence to all internal controls including the pertinent ICR, manages the annual budgeting process from inception to submission with the CEO/management team and conducts appropriate analysis of financial activities including the monthly variance report.
- Associates Degree in accounting and/or 5 years of progressive equivalent experience as a bookkeeper
- Strong knowledge of NFP accounting
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter willing to proactively expand subject matter knowledge
- Appropriate analytical skills
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and well organized
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable and receivable: ensures accounts are properly utilized
- Record donations in Quickbooks
- Prepare monthly flash report, cash flow and variance analysis
- Maintain accurate financial records, and destruction schedules
- Process payroll and timesheets
- Manage the annual budget process from beginning to end and is responsible for the accurate use of the chart of accounts
- Maintain the governance and financial ICR
- Bring issues of a financial nature or control to management’s attention
- Support the annual audit performed by our external independent auditors
- Participate in new employee onboarding
- Work with outside resources to ensure that 403 and health insurance activities are timely and in compliance.
- Make bank deposits
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare analysis for management as requested
- Special projects
Starting salary is depending on experience.
NEADS Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was established in 1976 and is based in Princeton, Massachusetts. NEADS offers the widest array of Service Dog programs in the industry, and is accredited by Assistance Dogs International, the internationally recognized governing body that establishes industry standards and practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $51,000 per year