NEADS World Class Service Dogs is seeking a full-time professional Grant Writer/Manager of Foundation Relations.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer/Manager of Foundation Relations is responsible for the research, preparation, submission and tracking of all grant proposals and reports. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to multitask, a high level of organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a sound knowledge of the NEADS mission, programs, target populations and strategic vision. Use this information to better prepare proposals and other written communications.
• Research foundations and other grant-making entities for potential funding opportunities.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with all current grantors.
• Prepare and submit proposals and reports in accordance with each foundation’s guidelines.
• Conduct follow-up communications with funders to provide additional supportive materials and updates.
• Manage and steward relationships with foundations, individuals, and other funders, as directed.
• Create and send major donation acknowledgements
• Be a full working member of the NEADS Development Team with responsibilities that include external fundraising, event support and donor support.
• Work with Communications Department for external outreach, including, but not limited to, social media, PR, and other electronic and written communications.
• Willingness to take on additional roles and responsibilities if required.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of study.
• At least 3 years of grant writing experience in Massachusetts.
• Extensive knowledge of the grant writing and reporting processes.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior proof-reading, information gathering and listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience using the Sales Force data base.
• Knowledge of the grant research process.
• Social media experience a plus.
• Experience using the Foundation Center platform.
• Experience writing and supporting Federal Grants.
• Combined Federal Campaign experience.
• Ability to participate in all aspects of the NEADS organization as a team player. This may include standing, walking, and lifting objects to support other departments as well as external events.
• Occasional availability on weekends.
NEADS Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was established in 1976 and is based in Princeton, Massachusetts. NEADS offers the widest array of Service Dog programs in the industry, and is accredited by Assistance Dogs International, the internationally recognized governing body that establishes industry standards and practices.
Benefits include paid time off, employer matching contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan; and subsidized health insurance.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample/grant application using the form below: