Overview of the position: NEADS World Class Service Dogs is seeking motivated, highly organized, and motivated individuals to provide first class administrative and hands-on veterinary care to maintain the health and welfare of program dogs. The Part-Time Veterinary Coordinator will oversee veterinary care and documentation of all program dogs, along with associated tasks related to securing and executing appropriate care. Must have a can-do, positive attitude and work well in a team setting. Attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills, and self-accountability are qualities that will make this candidate the most successful.
NOTE: This is a part-time position.
- Oversee veterinary care for program dogs. This includes collaborating with trainers, kennel personnel, prison liaisons, veterinarians, and puppy raisers.
- Provide medical advice/support to all involved in caring for program dogs (including after hours on-call).
- Provide administrative responsibilities, updating, and attending to data entry, data retrieval, data analysis, using platforms such as Salesforce and IWDR, Google Docs and Excel/Word Docs, etc.
- The workload split of your position would be 50% communication and administrative support, and 50% logistical/hands-on veterinary care support.
- Maintain and develop new and/or expanded veterinary relationships for donated or discounted services.
- Manage veterinary supply inventory, veterinary budgets, and related invoices.
- Educate clients, staff, and NEADS partners re: veterinary issues
- Addresses clients, staff, and NEADS partners concerns with compassion and coordinates care.
- Schedule appointments in a logistical, logical, and effective manner.
- Prepare and deliver dog health record packets to new clients when matched with dogs;
conduct classes educating clients on dog health issues
- Identify and secure opportunities for NEADS clients, staff, and partners, to obtain benefits for their dogs (e.g. pet insurance, donated products, etc.).
- Positively manage relationships to facilitate the above
(including appreciation strategies, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned and may arise from time to time.
- Experience as a veterinary technician with good understanding of veterinary fundamentals.
- Understanding of puppy/dog behavior and learning as it intersects with health issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Exercises critical thinking skills.
- Available for on-call responsibilities, which include night and weekend availability.
- Ability to build, maintain and strengthen relationships across internal teams and with external partners.
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent projects, requests, deadlines, and schedules.
- Ability to solve problems and think on your feet while providing excellent service and support.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Docs.
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce and IWDR is welcomed but not required.
- Ability to conduct on-the-road assignments, upon occasion, at our prison network or local veterinary hospital affiliations.
- Displays compassion, control and confidence in all aspects of the position.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Current or prior Certification in Veterinary Technician (CVT) and 3 to 5 years of experience in a technician capacity, or 5(+) years of experience as a technician who is not certified.
- Associate degree or equivalent (Recommended)
- Ability to restrain 70 lb. dog for exams
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to walk dogs short distances
- Ability to communicate with others verbally or in writing.
Office, veterinary exam room, kennel, prison facilities, veterinary hospitals, and on-the-road, working remote and on-site
Rate: $21 – $24
Please note that the higher end of the pay range will only be considered for candidates with vet tech certification.