Overview of the position: NEADS World Class Service Dogs is seeking motivated, highly organized, and motivated individuals to provide first class administrative and hands-on veterinary care to maintain the health and welfare of program dogs. The Veterinary Coordinator will oversee veterinary care and documentation of all program dogs, along with associated tasks related to securing and executing appropriate care. Must have a can-do, positive attitude and work well in a team setting. Attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills, and self-accountability are qualities that will make this candidate the most successful.
- Oversee veterinary care for program dogs. This includes collaborating with trainers, kennel personnel, prison liaisons, veterinarians, and puppy raisers.
- Provide medical advice/support to all involved in caring for program dogs (including after hours on-call).
- Provide administrative responsibilities, updating, and attending to data entry, data retrieval, data analysis, using platforms such as Salesforce and IWDR, Google Docs and Excel/Word Docs, etc.
- The workload split of your position would be 50% communication and administrative support, and 50% logistical/hands-on veterinary care support.
- Maintain and develop new and/or expanded veterinary relationships for donated or discounted services.
- Manage veterinary supply inventory, veterinary budgets, and related invoices.
- Educate clients, staff, and NEADS partners re: veterinary issues
- Addresses clients, staff, and NEADS partners concerns with compassion and coordinates care.
- Schedule appointments in a logistical, logical, and effective manner.
- Prepare and deliver dog health record packets to new clients when matched with dogs;
conduct classes educating clients on dog health issues
- Identify and secure opportunities for NEADS clients, staff, and partners, to obtain benefits for their dogs (e.g. pet insurance, donated products, etc.).
- Positively manage relationships to facilitate the above
(including appreciation strategies, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned and may arise from time to time.
- Experience as a veterinary technician with good understanding of veterinary fundamentals.
- Understanding of puppy/dog behavior and learning as it intersects with health issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Exercises critical thinking skills.
- Available for on-call responsibilities, which include night and weekend availability.
- Ability to build, maintain and strengthen relationships across internal teams and with external partners.
- Ability to effectively prioritize concurrent projects, requests, deadlines, and schedules.
- Ability to solve problems and think on your feet while providing excellent service and support.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Docs.
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce and IWDR is welcomed but not required.
- Ability to conduct on-the-road assignments, upon occasion, at our prison network or local veterinary hospital affiliations.
- Displays compassion, control and confidence in all aspects of the position.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Current or prior Certification in Veterinary Technician (CVT) and 3 to 5 years of experience in a technician capacity, or 5(+) years of experience as a technician who is not certified.
- Associate degree or equivalent (Recommended)
- Ability to restrain 70 lb. dog for exams
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to walk dogs short distances
- Ability to communicate with others verbally or in writing.
Office, veterinary exam room, kennel, prison facilities, veterinary hospitals, and on-the-road, working remote and on-site