Virtual Information Session – Full-Time Puppy Raisers
April 11 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm
You’re invited to learn how you can help change the life of someone with a physical disability or hearing loss, a child with autism, or a veteran with PTSD by becoming a volunteer Puppy Raiser for NEADS. The session is a chance to learn about this fabulous volunteer opportunity, get your questions answered about what you can expect, as well as what at-home life will be like with the future Service Dog you’re helping to raise.
Register for the Puppy Raiser Information Session here.
Full-time Puppy Raisers are the cornerstone of our Service Dog training program at NEADS. These dedicated volunteers take our Service Dogs in Training into their homes and look after them for 12 to 16 months, working on critical socialization and basic obedience. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to devote the time, energy, and love necessary to successfully socialize and train a NEADS Service Dog in Training. Puppy Raisers can be young families, couples, retirees, and single individuals.
Are You Ready?
Before you apply to become a Full-Time Puppy Raiser for one of our adorable, energetic puppies, it’s helpful to understand what we need from you. If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then please consider joining us at our Information Session to learn more about how you can be part of this life-changing experience.
- Are you physically able to manage a young and energetic dog?
- Are you able to attend regular training sessions with NEADS trainers?
- Are you available to socialize* a puppy every day under NEADS guidelines?
- If you have any other pets at home, are they happy, relaxed and friendly towards people and other animals?
- Are you prepared to handle the puppy and teach them crate training, house training, and other appropriate behaviors in the home?
Learn more about our Full-Time Puppy Raiser program here.