Open House for Prospective Full-Time Puppy Raisers
November 6 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
You’re invited to an Open House and Informational Session for people considering joining us as Full-Time Puppy Raisers. The Open House is a chance to learn about this fabulous volunteer opportunity, get your questions answered, and meet a Service Dog in Training (or two!).
Full-time Puppy Raisers are dedicated volunteers who take our Service Dogs in Training into their homes and look after them for 12 to 16 months, working on critical socialization and basic obedience. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to devote the time, energy, and love necessary to successfully socialize and train a NEADS Service Dog in Training We work with young families, couples, retirees, and single individuals.
Are You Ready?
Before you apply to become a Full-Time Puppy Raiser for one of our adorable, energetic puppies, it’s helpful to understand what we need from you. If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then please consider joining us at our Open House to learn more about how you can be part of this life-changing experience.
- Are you physically able to manage a young and energetic dog?
- Are you able to attend weekly training sessions with NEADS trainers?
- Are you available to socialize* a puppy every day under NEADS guidelines?
- If you have any other pets at home, are they happy, relaxed and friendly towards people and other animals?
- Are you prepared to handle the puppy and teach them crate training, house training, and other appropriate behaviors in the home?
Learn more about our Full-Time Puppy Raiser program here.