Thank you for a World Class 2018
At NEADS, it takes a nation to raise a World Class Service Dog. NEADS Nation is made up of many people contributing in many ways for many different reasons. In 2018:
- Volunteers included more than 100 Puppy Raisers, 40 veterinarians who donated time and services, 50 campus volunteers, and many others who helped out at special events.
- 130 inmate handlers and 9 prison liaisons were integral to the raising and training of the approximately 80 dogs who are in the Prison PUP Program at any given time.
- Financial support came from nearly 4,000 individuals and businesses who supported us with monetary donations, through community fundraising, and through their involvement in our special events – the Pulling 4 Paws truck pull, the Fore Paws golf tournament, and our 4th annual Get Dressed. Give Back. fundraiser.
- 55 foundations provided grants and other funding.
- Partnerships with organizations including Blue Buffalo, IDEXX Laboratories, VCA Animal Hospitals, and BluePearl Veterinary Partners helped us ensure the health and well-being of our dogs.
Together, you’ve made it possible for us to welcome 42 new Service Dog teams this year and provide ongoing support for more than 400 active clients.
As we head into the new year, our goal is to continue to produce the very best Service Dogs possible to meet the growing and changing needs of our clients. To that end, our World Class Canine Center will soon be up and running, and we have laid the groundwork for our own breeding program. These are just two of the initiatives that will help us maintain our reputation as pioneer, leader, and producer of World Class Service Dogs.
From all of us at NEADS, thank you!